Guttering for a flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The flat roof on my garage slopes from front to rear , with the guttering across the rear.

On the rear edge it looks like the roofing felt has been wrapped over and under a batton , with the gutter directly underneath.

The problem is the roof doesn't overhang the guttering , so the water just runs straight down the wall.

How can I get the water to flow off the roof into the guttering???

Sponsored Links
The problem is the batten overhang is not wide enough as they are normally 2"x1". I have done one by removing the gutter and leave the brackets where is it, and use a large head roofing nail (non-rust) and nailed the lead flashing under the roofing drip onto the fasica board, refit the gutter and slope the lead flashing into the guttter. You can buy off-cut lead flashing from most builder or roofing merchants. I think you may get away with 150mm wide and cut it in half to save money.

Thanks - I'll give that a try. I will have to lower my guttering though as it is currenly touching the roof felt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back