Guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, Can anyone help.
I have recently had new guttering put up.
I paid a family friend who said he had done it before so was not done by a company.
The back guttering doesn't seem to catch the water but seems to flow behind it but only in certain places (like above my bedroom window so falls on my windowsill :( ).
He's been back out to look at it but the problems is still there & seems worse now hes messed on with it!!
Is this a problem that I can fix or should I get someone out to look at it ??

Thanx
Sarah

Sponsored Links
pethy said:
The back guttering doesn't seem to catch the water but seems to flow behind it but only in certain places (like above my bedroom window so falls on my windowsill :( ).
Can you see if the roof tiles approx' half way across the centre of the gutter ?

Its above an extension so you cant actually see without going up there on a ladder.
If it is that the tiles dont go out to the center of the gutter can I correct this or is it a job for a roofing person ?
People have said that could be the problem, apparently there's a lead strip or something at the edge ?? (sorry I havent got a clue)

I have done one similar with lead flashing under the first row of tiles because the tiles & gutter was in the wrong position. If you can do a drawing or a photo I can help you further. Also it is a flat roof ?

Sponsored Links
Thanx, Im gonna try & get a look at the weekend as its dark when I go to work & dark when I get in.
Its not a flat roof though its a tiled house roof ?? Is that a problem ?

pethy said:
Thanx, Im gonna try & get a look at the weekend as its dark when I go to work & dark when I get in.
Its not a flat roof though its a tiled house roof ?? Is that a problem ?
No, sometime the flat roof don't have a overhanging drip to allow for it.

Hi,

Remove the bottom row of tiles and fit eve protectors to the top of your facia boards and up under your felt and problem will be solved.

Eve protectors from www.asphaltic.co.uk branches nationwide(£2.00 per 1.8m lenght)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back