1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Dye on a Cream Leather Sofa

Discussion in 'General DIY' started by AnonymousImport, 5 Dec 2002.

This topic originated from the How to page called Hair Dye.

1. AnonymousImport

AnonymousImport

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    My daughter has got some brown hair dye on our cream leather sofa, any suggestions?

2. Rachazz

Rachazz

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    use nail polish remover... had the same prob worked very well for me

3. hellish_heidy

hellish_heidy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I had the same problem while house sitting for my brother and tried everything to remove it and almost sold soul to the devil :evil: to erase the stain. Thank you for your help I can breathe again.

4. cathhynes

cathhynes

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have a light brown leather sofa, and was having my hair done, I had to sit down for 15 mins or so, a silver paper thing fell off and left dark brown stains, I felt terrible, the hairdresser also felt bad, as if it was her fault. We used nail polish remover which smelt of acetone (others without acetone probably won't work). We carefully wiped the brown marks, and you can't see any marks at all. We then quickly (lightly) wiped the rest of the sofa with the acetone, it is perfect. We will possibly use a leather cleaner or polish now, as the acetone may have de-greased slightly. Sofa looks as new! Wonderful advice.

5. johney

johney

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi!

try some thing with high alcohol content like nail polish remover or a deodorant. and try cleaning..