Hanging a Large Wooden Framed Mirror

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a 25kg large wooden framed mirror that I need to hang on the wall. I've browsed the web to see the best way to hang this thing, but have generally drawn a blank.

Does anyone know the best way to hang it?

One suggestion I read about was using something called a Z-Bar. This looked like a good suggestion, but can't find anywhere that does it.

Any help appreciated on this one.

Thanks alot.

Sponsored Links
depends on what you're trying to hang it onto, don't just say a wall !! depends what the wall is made of!

The internal wall is made up of this thermal block stuff, which is skimmed with a thin layer of plaster (the house is about 20 years old). The wall in question is the one joining next door.

I think I've sussed what wall plugs I need (got them from Homebase last week - the ones where the plug actually screws into the wall) but I don't know what / how to attach to the mirror.

As I said, this mirror is HEAVY.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Need a bit more info, are there holes in the mirror for fixings or how wide is the frame etc
thediynovice said:
I think I've sussed what wall plugs I need (got them from Homebase last week - the ones where the plug actually screws into the wall) but I don't know what / how to attach to the mirror.
It's important the fixings is the correct one to use, have a look here to give you some idea.

Most manufacters do not recommend to use wire or string to hang a mirror

These are just for mirror without frame etc
brackets.jpg

Or something like this or though you may need heavy duty bracket type here
Better still are the interlock bracket from here
946452.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your time masona

A picture paints a thousand words as they say. Here's a similar mirror ...

787big.jpg

My mirror frame is 1 1/2" thick, with the width of the frame (top edge to where it meets the mirror) is about 5 inches. It is solid oak.

There are no holes or no fixings on the mirror.

The overall width of the frame is 4 feet.

Thanks Again

I would go for interlock brackets, can be quite tricky lining them up though. 4 on top & bottom should do it.

What are they mate, and where can i get them? (UK)

This sounds like the z-bar thing i read about, but i can't find them anywhere.

Thanks

Thank you Jason. Much appreciated.

You made that mirror you say..... Very nice job mate !!

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back