Has anyone ever had a fight ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I only ask because it came up in a different thread. Don't recall ever having one in my adult life, but just wondered if anyone else has ??

Sponsored Links
Words, btw, thanks for asking..... ;)

EDIT: I mean fists....

Sponsored Links
Not as such but on our wedding day, one of my hubbies older sisters was in a foul mood and was niggling at me all day. Eventually, she followed me and my best mate into the toilets and started again. I'd had just about enough of her and went to smack her one. Unfortunately my mate put her arm up to stop me and copped the punch instead. It tore all the ligaments in her arm and she was in plaster for six weeks :oops: ooopssssssssss!!!!

She swore from that day on that she would never, ever get in my way when I tried to hit someone again!

Funny thing is, I am quite a placid person and have never attempted to whack anyone else - even my kids know I am a pushover :LOL:

I've had a couple of fights since I've been grown up, married, most friday nights there was a fight in my local and being tall its hard to aviod getting caught up in it, but I've only had one in ernest and that was in defence of my wife I'm not violent I hate violence but would do it again.

Richardp said:
but I've only had one in ernest and that was in defence of my wife I'm not violent I hate violence but would do it again.
And what did ernest think of that? ;)

Since you ask so nicely ;)

As a teenager I've been in a few fist fights (funny thing, always with teenage boys) well, I better call them 'claw' fights ;)

Word fights, ah too many to count (and they can hurt as much as a slap).

WoodYouLike said:
Since you ask so nicely ;)

As a teenager I've been in a few fist fights (funny thing, always with teenage boys) well, I better call them 'claw' fights ;)
That's the trouble when you are good looking, you have to fight the lads off ;)

I've not had a proper fistfight as an adult but come close on a few occasions. Being quite large and being aware of possible situations around me I think I am pretty good at avoiding becoming the target of some moron's negative attentions. I like my nose and teeth the way they are!

The closest I came was, like Richard, protecting a lady. An idiot friend-of-a-friend, when drunk, made the mistake of threatening her when he realised I wasn't bothered by his threats against me.

I have seen plenty of girls fighting though. When I was 18, a woman on Oxford Street slapped me because her handbag snagged on my arm (Christmas shopping :rolleyes: ), and in response my then-girlfriend punched her square in the face and carried on walking. :LOL:

My sister has got into a few fights. She attracts a lot of male attention and that seems to really wind up some girls. According to her, growing up with two big brothers helped because she "fights like a man" :LOL:

Thinking about it, girls do seem to fight more than men. But, like their car accidents, the damage is usually minimal in comparison with man-crashes.

Oh, I've had a lot of drinks thrown in my face by girls, does that count? :LOL: ;)

surprisingly I have never gotten in a physical fight. Verbal....yes....alot.
My closest friends say I have the look of a devil in my eyes when I get mad and they avoid me. Could be. I'm very tolerant.....but moody....very moody! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i've managed to reach middle age without having a fight,would have been different last week if i had caught the guy who broke into my van.
What stops me is knowing how angry i get,
im a peaceful person but i will end up in prison if someone broke into my house,i just wouldn't be able to do nothing even if they were tooled up and i knew i would loose.

Sponsored Links
Back