heat resistant connector covers..resin nowadays???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is an extension of my problem with my built-in oven and replacing the grill/upper element. The job has gone well but on removing the 5 connectors to the knackered element the little plastic heat resistant covers had become brittle and they broke off. I have done a very temporary job with some insulating tape but MUST get some heat resistant stuff. The manufacturers say they now use a 'resin' to create a heat resistant cover.
Does anybody know where I can get such a product or can some clever person tell me how to make a safe 'cover' for the male/female spade terminal connector.
Thanks for any help.
Stokey

Sponsored Links
I have decided against using the crimping connectors as I do not have confidence in the heat resistance of the insulating material. According to the manufacturers, they now use a 'resin' which they put over the joint and this forms the heat resistant insulation. They do not stock the resin. But there must be a way of fitting the new element and safely insulating the joints/terminals.
Any ideas??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back