heater element candy CD623 dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a candy cd623 uk dishwasher and the water is not heating up. It is obviously the heating element that is faulty. I have managed to get a replacement but for the life of me i cannot locate where the heating element is located.I rang candy and they refused to tell me!!!!
Can anybody please help as i am pulling my hair out.. i need to know where it is in the dishwasher!!!!
thanks in advance for any help!!!

phil

Sponsored Links
on our candy it is on the floor and to the left of the wash chamber, however you can only remove the element from below the dishwasher by tipping it up.

Make sure you disconnect it before starting work ;)

My Candy CD623 died with a loud bang, and tripped the house RCD. I thought the heating element must have exploded so I went looking for it. I finally found it, it's inside the left hand side panel. To get to it, lie the machine down on its right hand side, remove the plastic kicker panel, then remove the screws front and back that retain the side panel. It's a long element either side of the tube that supplies water to the top rotor. It looks nothing like the elements that I have seen advertised for this machine.

I tested the element with a multi-meter and it was fine. Eventually I realised what had happened. The door spring mechanism had broken, sprung back and made contact with the live terminals of the heating element, shorting live to earth, which made the big bang and tripped the house RCD.

The solution was simply to completely remove the broken bits of the door spring mechanism. The machine now works perfectly.

I'm happy I was able to repair the machine at zero cost, but I'm extremely concerned about the design. The door spring mechanism is flimsy and bound to break eventually. The heater terminals are nearby, exposed, and bound to get hit by the door spring, shorting the casing to live. In an old house with faulty earthing and no RCD (and I've seen plenty of those) this just doesn't bear thinking about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back