Heating but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Ideal C80FF and have just recently started experiencing a strange problem.

The heating is working perfectly fine, and because the boiler is already lit, if you turn the hot water on then it does come out warm, not hot.

However, if you turn the boiler to hot water only and turn the tap on, the boiler doesn't spark up and the water is clap cold.

The boiler is about 3 years old and has not had the water flow rate changed or anything like that, which although it is slow for hot water (takes about 13 secs to fill a pint from the hot tap, and about 2 secs from the cold tap - very powerful), it has always worked.

I had a friend come and look at it, although he admits he's not an expert at fixing boilers, and he thought it could well be the diverter valve membrane?

Does this sound logical and if so what would I be looking at to fix it? Any recommendations as to who to use in the Leeds area that will give me a reasonable price. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
On my boiler it turned out to be the micro switch that "tells" the boiler hot water is being drawn,if yours is the same sort of design check that the diverter valve moves when hot water is drawn,if it doesn't then i guess yes it could be the diphragm in the diverter valve............

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back