heating /water pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved to a house with a strange system.
The flow from the gas fired boiler goes into a pump ( SMC Comet Controller) with two outlets - one through a gate valve to the indirect copper cylinder coils and the other outlet through another pump to the microbore heating system.
The SMC pump is noisy and I fear will soon need replacing.
Are they or similar still made, or is there a better way of doing the job?
Other nearby houses ( about 1975) have the same system. :?:[/u]

Sponsored Links
grundfoss 15-50 . although your pump is not specifically listed, but majority of comets= 15-50.
you may require extensions

:LOL:

A Myson Comet 2 pump as a staight swap for what youve got. You can pick them up in most plumbers merchants. They are quite dear though and are not very reliable if there is any muck in your system.

Sponsored Links
grundfos do a twin pump which i find quite reliable unfortunatly it is not a straight swap and will need some pipe work alterations. In the past i have upgraded these with a y plan heat pack ( honeywell ). This comes with a diverter valve,room stat,cylinder stat and timer. This would cost more ( you would have to get some one in to do it ) but would be worth it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back