Heatline Star 24 combi boiler problem no hw or ch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, our heatline star 24 combi boiler has stopped working. We have no hot water or central heating. There are led's on the front to show faults but instead of flashing to show faults 2 of them are not lit at all. Do you think the problem could be with the pcb?

Sponsored Links
I doubt its the PCB yet.

Whats the system water pressure?

Tony

I dont have time ( free of charge that is ) to investigate further which would involve looking up the technical details but you could try their technical help on 0870 777 8323 if you think that you have sufficient understanding to discuss the problem.

Otherwise call a competent engineer. As these are not yet that common a make you may be better asking Heatline for details of their local service agent who will be a little more familiar with the boiler that the average RGi who has probably never heard of it.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I asked Heatline for Manufacturers Instructions for their boilers as I am now seeing so many of them. They sent them within a few days. Touch wood I haven't needed to consult them yet.

Their Manuals to download are not ready just yet as you can see by that link

Which heatline models have you seen?

B&Q have been selling quite a lot of their hybrid Vizo because they are so cheap!

They have a Band A model with grunfos pump and a Giannoni burner/HE assembly. Quite a nice looking boiler with a very simple commissioning with four pots on the pcb.

They have also just introduced a new Band A with a different ( their own ? ) burner/HE assembly. They are apparently to be sold side by side for the time being which sounds a little vague and rather unlikely.

Tony

I doubt its the PCB yet.

Whats the system water pressure?

Tony

Hi contray to the above i have had to replace Both relays on the PCB on my bolier they are way under sized for the job they are doing fortunatley the board will take a larger and somewhat more capable device this solved my problem it has been ok ever since

heat line are expensive to repair parts take forever to get as they went bust sold the buisness to glowworm so get some out and save up for a boiler swap

Er....

Vaillant bought Heatline because they wanted an inroad into the boiler market in Turkey.

The UK sales created by Heatline are apparently not of any interest to them because they are priced so low and just debases the boiler market.

They have now stopped selling Heatline to the independent market and only supply them to B&Q much to the annoyance to the smaller heating shops who used to sell a lot because they were so cheap.

I am not sure why they are still being being supplied to B&Q but wonder if thats just to stop Biasi and Ravenheat getting all the sales?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back