Heatline Viso

B

Bamber gaspipe

Doing some work for a chap who asked me to install one of these at one of his `properties` he was doing up. Turns up at said property week later, checks out gear he has left for me to install, without going into detail the bloke was a cowboy & I promptly left job after refusing to install.The thing is ` I don`t remember coming across one of these, I know they are cheap & nasty but even on Heatline`s website they are not there! Where did this guy get it from? Any thoughts from anyone? BTW the only one I could find was the Solaris. 570 quid load of old cr*p.

Sponsored Links
No one came across these? None of you installers out there? or are they that cheap that no-one is going to admit to installing one?
Any feedback welcome...

As at June 2006, there is no model Heatline Viso listed under sedbuk.

That means it aint made up till the end of last month :rolleyes:

`Heatline Viso..Sedbuk Band B`..unless I misread the part on the box that read `Heatline Viso..Sedbuk Band B`.... :rolleyes: didn`t understand last part of your statement..

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
`Heatline Viso..Sedbuk Band B`..unless I misread the part on the box that read `Heatline Viso..Sedbuk Band B`.... :rolleyes: didn`t understand last part of your statement..

Must be after June 06 because Sedbuk haven't heard of it :eek:

I am surprised that you are all so out of touch with the market.

Its a model being sold in B&Q and must be the hybrid one as its being sold for only about £424 including flue.

Perhaps the name is a new one thought up for those sold at B&Q as the Guarda is a unique name for Biasi boilers sold in B&Q.

They are perfectly serviceable boilers when installed on a clean system and use a Grunfoss pump.

Tony

Agile wrote:

Its a model being sold in B&Q and must be the hybrid one as its being sold for only about £424 including flue.

Funny..I rang B&Q, they told me they don`t stock `em :?:

424 quid! this guy was asking me to install this boiler & a bunch of Biasi rads & charging customer.... 3,500 nicker..( one of reasons I walked off job)!

They are perfectly serviceable boilers when installed on a clean system and use a Grunfoss pump.

It`s a condensing combi, Tony.

What do you think of Biasi rads :?:

The Heatline HE 24 ( Viso ) is a perfectly reasonable boiler and I am happy to repair them but if installing I would use their band A boiler. They are much easier to set up than many of the complicated makes and just use four pots on the pcb.

I dont think about Biasi rads! They look pretty average to be but one fellow in Yourshire who used to fit a lot of them changed because he was complaining about the paint finish.

The Heatline rads are very solid looking with a good fixing bracket. They are either the same or very similar to the ones Screwfix supply.

Tony

Agile said:
I dont think about Biasi rads! They look pretty average to be but one fellow in Yourshire who used to fit a lot of them changed because he was complaining about the paint finish.

I was asking what you thought about Biasi rads regarding quality, lifespan etc.. Appreciate the input.

Anyone else have experience of Biasi rads? the reason I ask is because I normally install `Stelrad` but after seeing these `Biasi` I thought they looked o.k. but probably failed after a short space of time because they are so darn cheap in comparison. If that`s not the case, I`ll be installing these babies & saving a helluva lot of cash. More opinions most welcome.

In a properly treated system the rads should last 25 years.

I doubt that the Biasi rads use any different thickness steel than the Stellrad, probably about 0.9 mm or so.

Back to B&Q ! Last week, "Eamon" was giving wrong advice about an electric boiler in Arabic ! I corrected him in English and then he then gave the advice to the customer. It turns out that his father was a pilot in Iraq and he went to school there.

If you try to phone B&Q then chances are you will only get to their HQ call centre. They only have proper access to the B&Q database but NOT the Warehouse database. Its only the Warehouses which sell boilers!

I dont know yet exactly why the Viso is being sold there. Its not properly documented in their records. Interestingly, they only sell the one model and not the Band A which makes me wonder if its either a test marketing or a clearance of Band B boilers.

Since they are assembled in Turkey the cost base is lower than the Italian models and the Grunfoss pumps will appeal to many installers.

Tony

Most strange..but I actually phoned my local warehouse..they told me that they had never heard of them...let alone stock them...The plot thickens.. think I`ll take a drive out myself & check out a few branches...who knows what Muppet answered the phone..Anyway, I don`t get out much....

fitted one other week for a landlord. Heatline are a growing company and are part of a company that is in the top 500 largest in the world. The viso is a new model and is very much like the glow worm cxi.Easy to fit , standard parts.

fitz1 said:
fitted one other week for a landlord. Heatline are a growing company and are part of a company that is in the top 500 largest in the world. The viso is a new model and is very much like the glow worm cxi.Easy to fit , standard parts.

And cheap too boot it would seem...is this the first one that you have fitted & would you consider offering them to a potential customer?..they seem too good to be true but then again I`m old enough to remember how much a V.C.R was......maybe condensers are starting to drop in price which can only be a good thing..I live by Worcester but they are quite expensive in the competitive world of installation..I won`t fit any old cr*p though...I value my customers.

if anyone asks me which is a good boiler, i say i will tell them in 20 yrs.As agile says, most boilers are very similar and if installed correctly and maintained, should lead a long and happy life.Im fitting baxi. dead easy to fit, easy to work on , although in last three yrs ive only ever had to change 2 diaphrams, 1 pump due to iron filings off a towel warmer, and cleaned 3 dhx.not asthietically good looking , but doing the job well at a fair price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back