height between cooker & hood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please confirm the minimum distance between top of gas cooker and cooker hood -- thanks very much

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if there is a minimum distance,normally they are fitted in a standard unit.The average distance are approx 800mm and also not too low for obstruction of your head.

It's 760mm vertically from 50mm outside the hob edges, to any COMBUSTIBLE surface. Hoods aren't, of course. CHeck the cooker/hob installation instructions, which override the BS's anyway.

Sponsored Links
750 – 800mm should be OK. I’ve got a SS & curved glass, twin fan extractor over a 1m wide, 7 burner cooking range; the manufacturer recommended a min of 850mm but that was really way too high for the aesthetics of the hood & the surrounding wall units so I installed it at 750mm. They tend to play it on the safe side; my range often has most of the gas burners going at once and it’s been operating for 18 months now without any problems.

nice advice, pity its nearly 3 years too late

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back