Help connecting relay to panel and internal sounder

I suggest you re read, POXY was used with other words like "Other panels have these outputs anyway" as in no need for relays and PSU`s.

FYI in terms of DB outputs it is POXY compared to a lot of others also.

Remember also a 10db increase is double in sound perceived.
Although 85db prolonged will cause deafness.

And I`m not likely to be locked in with one and if I was it would be turned off rapidly.

If you want loud try this, http://www.klaxonsignals.com/images/Products/docs/datasheet/369.pdf . Put 5 around the house.
I have one running 12 of these, fun when testing I can assure you.

Sponsored Links
Ahhh the Master Blaster , coming in at 127db remeber setting one of those of in the same room as me , Bloody hell , didn't half give me ear ache

And one hell of a fright :eek:

Ha ha ha ha Alarm wades into another post and slags off the OPs kit.

When is this forum troll going to be banned?

Sorry Claire79 he does this to everyone.

On another note is there not a much simpler solution?

take the internal siren out of the panel/endstation and mount it outside of the cupboard having soldered longer wires to the panel and drilled them through the cupboard wall.

For use as an internal sounder when the alarm system goes into full alarm. Not to be confused with a internal speaker which will also make tonal noises when an alarm key pad is depressed. This unit has quad piezo’s giving 111db at 1m.

That is from the sales web page for the device.

It is called a sound bomb for the reason that it "bombs out" anyone within a few metres of it. That level of noise can dis-orientate un-authorised people who have set off the alarm. Maybe in the OP's application the sound level will be reduced by the cloaking of the cupboard to a tolerable level when the cupboard is shut but if it is necessary to have the door open and stand near the panel when the bomb goes off then dis-orientation is likely and permanent hearing damage may result.

Sponsored Links
I suggest you re read, POXY was used with other words like "Other panels have these outputs anyway" as in no need for relays and PSU`s.

OK, I paid £406 for the following kit list and fitted it myself:

Infinite prime panel
Infinite GSM module
Texecom Odyssey bellbox
3 x Infinite wireless PIR's
2 x Infinite wireless magnetic contacts
1 x Infinite keyfob
1 x Double pole relay
1 x Internal sound bomb
1 x PSU for sound bomb

Just curious what your alternative solution would consist of (using a less poxy panel of course) that offers the equivalent features of the above and comes in at the same or lower price.

Thanks.

Which soundbomb have you got, The twin one or the quad? And which external sounder have you got?

If you have the odyssey "e" box and the twin soundbomb, then take a cable from the wireless sounder module to the location of the soundbomb.

Odyssey comes in at 410mA sounder and strobe, soundbomb at 85mA. The transformer for the INF-WSM is rated at 500mA.

Sorted

Which soundbomb have you got, The twin one or the quad? And which external sounder have you got?

If you have the odyssey "e" box and the twin soundbomb, then take a cable from the wireless sounder module to the location of the soundbomb.

Odyssey comes in at 410mA sounder and strobe, soundbomb at 85mA. The transformer for the INF-WSM is rated at 500mA.

Sorted

Hi Josh,

Yes, the external sounder is an Odyssey 1E

The sound bomb is a quad rated at 190mA

The PSU for the INF-WSM is rated at 7.5VA (taken off the label from the PSU itself)

The current consumption of the INF-WSM module is 25mA

http://www.sdfirealarms.co.uk/downloads/dl/file/id/600/esp_inf_wsm_instructions.pdf

But why change to other devices when Claire has already bought all she needs???

She already has:
Relay + Power Supply for Sound Bomb + Sound Bomb.

OK, I paid £406 for the following kit list and fitted it myself:

Infinite prime panel
Infinite GSM module
Texecom Odyssey bellbox
3 x Infinite wireless PIR's
2 x Infinite wireless magnetic contacts
1 x Infinite keyfob
1 x Double pole relay
1 x Internal sound bomb
1 x PSU for sound bomb

Just curious what your alternative solution would consist of (using a less poxy panel of course) that offers the equivalent features of the above and comes in at the same or lower price.

Thanks.

Visonic, a little more expensive. But capable of more than you have and even more expandable. If you were able to have trade prices then a few others exceed this again for little more.
No need for external devices, relays or any other.

You went cheap, added more and need advice. Other systems SLIGHTLY more expensive would have done this all for you without the need to ask experts how to wire a basic relay.

YaleG3 has chimed in as usual as he struggles with the more intricate systems, thinks he is clever putting down others. When he has no qualifications nor understanding of real intruder and life saving systems.
This is why he has "You Tube" adverts, many comments on them are not too kind. Do not take my word, read them.
I will not advertise his lame efforts, ask him in a PM for links.

Again I say "Poxy" as it does not have what the UK market needs.
Designed and mainly for use in USA and other countries.

Was this a sufficient answer?
Sorry for the late reply, was out repairing a cable cut by plumber and I do not let my customers down.

Just in case YG3 pops up, this is a G4 system.
To say it is over your head is like asking the height of the space shuttle in orbit over a 5 year old child's head.

If you were able to have trade prices then a few others exceed this again for little more.
No need for external devices, relays or any other.

You have digressed a little, i'm not a professional alarm fitter so trade prices are irrelevant.

You went cheap, added more and need advice. Other systems SLIGHTLY more expensive would have done this all for you without the need to ask experts how to wire a basic relay.

Oh i'm sorry, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this a DIY forum where DIY'ers can ask for advice on the best way to approach a task. As I said above, i'm not a professional alarm fitter, just someone with above average DIY skills. I may be blowing my own trumpet here but i'm sure there arent that many 32 year old females that could spec and install the above system?

So just because this is your profession, it doesn't make you superior to others and doesn't give you the right to put others down.

FYI by profession i'm a software developer. Why don't you write me a basic software program that runs every 10 minutes and spits out the words 'im an idiot' on your screen?

There is as always one source of the bickering that idiot Alarm who gets every thread locked with his boorish behavior. Claire as she says has done extremely well for herself.

As for the advice I gave - no it was not a professional solution I agree but a common sense one.
The sooner Alarm dissapears in an infinite loop with no break clause the better!

Strange how a constructive answer is deleted, yet a moronic reply/attack is left on here.

You (Yale) at last admit your not professional nor offer professional advice.
So why do you troll the threads?

The sooner you stop interjecting in items you have no clue about the better.

As you admit your not a professional.

If this is removed then so should your moronic reply be deleted.

This is why he has "You Tube" adverts, many comments on them are not too kind. Do not take my word, read them.
I will not advertise his lame efforts, ask him in a PM for links.

Lol you need to keep up. The comments made by another professional alarm installer with a huge company were actually removed after he apologised and then admitted that the Yale alarms were actually quite good and that his company personally used them when needed to secure properties until he could send round engineers to install the required systems. He has around 50 Yale systems he uses specifically in this temporary fashion. I did not delete the comments on the thread he did so himself. I just removed my comments in return which after his apology I thought was fair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back