HELP - Ideal FF 330 Central Heating System still on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone
I have come home tonight to find that although the thermostat settings are switched to off the upstairs radiators are still red hot.

Ive tried resetting the heatinmg timer and switched it off but radiators upstairs still on.

We have a heating Isolation switch - not sure what this doies and dont want to mess about unless I know what I'm doing.

Can anyone advise possible causes.

It's a 4 year old system in a newish (4 year old) house.

Thanks
Gary

Sponsored Links
Do you have a motorised valve that might be stuck open?

Softus said:
Do you have a motorised valve that might be stuck open?

Hi I'm not sure if it has to be honest. Whats happened now is I've turned off the settings on the control panel both to off and on all other raditors where I have a thermostat control switch turned these to off. This eaves one landing radiator with a thermo switch still red hot and one in my hall so one upstairs rad and one downstirs are hot despite system being set to off. I wonder if it is a stuck valve somehwere or the thermostat has gone.

Thanks for your reply by the way.

Gary

Sponsored Links
Tikon said:
Whats happened now is I've turned off the settings on the control panel both to off.....This eaves one landing radiator with a thermo switch still red hot
So, um, if the control panel is 'off' then what is the source of the heat? In other words, if the boiler is on then why is it on?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back