Help installing ESI ESRTPRF thermostat on potterton titanium 40kw combi boiler

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by john2k, 23 Oct 2021.

1. john2k

john2k

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have a potterton titanium 40kw combi boiler that doesn't have any room thermostat at the moment, curently it's running on timer. I've got a ESI ESRTPRF wireless room thermostat that I want to wire up. Can anyone help me on how this is wired up to this boiler please?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Are you wanting to the timer?

4. john2k

john2k

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Does the ESRTPRF thermostat have a timer function or can I not switch between the thermostat and built-in timer? Probably won't use the timer and just use the thermostat once that's installed

5. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes it does, just looked it up and it’s programmable. So you need some 5 core heat resistant flex cable, 0.75mm squared, piggy back the live, neutral and earth from the boiler, and use grey and black to the 2 thermostat terminals. You can either set the existing timer to permanent or disconnect it completely. Parking the earth at the esi if available or in a terminal block.

Last edited: 23 Oct 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. john2k

john2k

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you. All wired up now. The two connections from the boiler to the actual thermostat for controlling the on/off is basically terminal 1 and 2 which by default has a loop wire basically triggering the boiler to always be on unless it's turned off either using timer or the off button on the timer module. I took these to the com and n/o connection on the thermostat and it's working now.

One question though, now that my room thermostat sends a signal to turn boiler on or off, do I need to put the switch on the timer module on the boiler itself to on position? There are 3 settings on the clock ring on the boiler, 0 timer clock symbol, and 1. Currently it's set to the clock symbol meaning it's on timer. Do I need to set this to 1?

• Like Like x 1
  7. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes, this is what I meant earlier, either select the existing timer to permanently on, so 1(think it’s actually a capital I), and let the esi override and take control, or disconnect it permanently, but probably easier for you to leave it set to constant.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. john2k

john2k

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you. I've left the existing timer on the always on setting now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sponsored Links