Help me identify this broken pipe- water leaking along the external wall

22 Nov 2017
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I have urgently have to change this broken pipe but dont know the name of it and what tools are needed to fix it . Its external pipe that comes from the kitchen .At the moment water runs along the walls instead to the drain. As Im complete newbie , I feel overwhelmed by the choice of various pipes in Diy stores so I would be grateful for links to budget friendly options like B&Q, Selco or Screwfix with items needed for this job. Thank you
Sponsored Links
It's 40 mm ( 1½") solvent weld waste pipe.

It's likely you'll have to replace the section running into the mortar around the gully.

If you have a hacksaw then use it to cut the new pipe or

Take care not to damage the stub of pipe coming through the wall or you'll end up with a much bigger job. Dry and clean the stub of pipe coming through the wall before using the solvent weld on the new bend.
Replace it all with compression... elbow and coupling and some pipe... won’t look as streamlined but you’ll be able to take it apart again in the future and won’t risk it being damaged beyond future repair... also easier to do as a diy repair!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links