Help - My bath is leaking what can I do as a temp job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bath is a Fibreglass type with a gel coat.

The problem is, the gel coat is cracked and is leaking quite bad.

I'm to make a insurance claim. So is there anything I can do temporally till its sorted on Monday, such as sealing the crack with 'Duck tape' or Silicone, the bath is only used for showers.

Sponsored Links
I dont know but perhaps if you can dry it properly you could use a car body fibreglass repair kit?

Can you tell us under which category you expect to claim on your insurance ? In my experience an insurance company would pay for consequential damage from leaking water but not for the failure of a boiler or bath.

Tony Glazier

Tell them you you were drinking this magnum of Champagne with the other half, when things got slippery...

I slipped and fell in the bath a week or so ago, falling to the bath on my knee. I'm of 6ft tall and of a heavy build. The crack was not noticeable at the time, but as the family use the shower its got worst and now leaking.

I could use the wifes hair dryer and do as you suggest as I have some fibre repair for my boat. ;)

Sponsored Links
I suggest you replace the bath with a steel or cast iron one if you intend to do that again!

If you are going to get the resin to stick its has got to be VERY dry !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back