Help my still relatively new fridge is leaking!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1999 Hotpoint Diamond Series fridge is leaking onto my new kitchen floor :(and inside under the crisper drawers. I've emptied the little cup(located next to the temperature controls) and cleaned it out. There appears to be no way to access anything at the back of the fridge (covered with black coiling) Any suggestions? Is there a way to fix this?? :

Sponsored Links
when i used to work for the above company, when i was training i went with a "multi skilled engineer (i never did fridges) if a fridge leaked water they were a right off :cry:

have you cleared out the drain tube inside to allow the water to go to the
evaporation vessel

or dosnt it have one :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

big all

okay where is this drain tube located?? Do not see anything on the inside of the fridge. I did remove the little cup and thoroughly clean it up and put it back on. I do not see anything that looks like it could be the vessel you speak of. OR am I just missing it and its somewhere there under all those protective coils???? thanks..

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
when i used to work for the above company, when i was training i went with a "multi skilled engineer (i never did fridges) if a fridge leaked water they were a right off :cry:

Breezer pls say it isn't so :( . I refuse to believe this fridge is toast just yet. If it is I will be really ****ed off at THE BRICK for selling me a lemon cuz its not more than 5 years old and I brought it brand spanking new..

ok well assuming the inside of your fridge is like all the ones i know

inside at the back of your fridge at the bottom should be a channel
or it may be at the side under where the cooling element is
with a hole if the hole is blocked the water [from the condensation]
cannot escape to evaporate you may need to use a bit of flexible
wire to clear the tube

if it cant escape it just floods the bottom of the fridge and
floods the floor
which incidently is what your describing in your first post

big all

i am not saying it is deffinently a write off, but if they leak, it ruins the insulation (permanently) and write off usually follows

the channel mentioned above can also be cleaned with a pipe cleaner, it leads (usually does) to a "tray" sitting on the compressor, the heat then evaporates the water, but thats about as much as i know about fridges
(which is why i never mentioned it, because i forgot)

well thanks to both breezer and big-all because your tips helped me tremendously...problem solved thanks a bunch Love Bunn. You're the best!! :D

glad it worked :D :D :D

ive only just realised done the same to my fridge yesterday
but done it so automaticly it didnt register :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back