help needed 50" plasma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
before everyone starts laughing if i fix it then good job ,but if not then so what its my money i've wasted so don't say i was stupid for buying it.
got a universal multimedia 50" plasma display with pal/secam/ntsc tuner and component/scart/s-video inputs.the only thing is it does'nt display an image on the screen.powers up with the remote and fans power up but no image.i think the panel is o.k. as it does'nt have any lines on it.had a look at the power board and one resitor has gone black so i don't know the colour code of it.the caps look o.k. and theres no burn marks on the board etc.....have found the screen on a french website and they are 11900 euros to buy.could i claim on myhousehold insurance?the plasma weighs 46 kg so its a bit heavy.if anyone could help me with my problem i would be grateful.have been told thats if theres a problem with the display it goes to standby and the led goes red for safety reasons.this does'nt happen it just stays green with the led showing green.thanks in advance for any input good/bad.

Sponsored Links
Resistors don't burn out without a good reason. Replacing it won't help you. You've got a short circuit somewhere.

And I don't think defrauding the insurance people is a good idea.

joe

i did'nt mean defrauding the insurance company at all.why did you think i would do that?i meant get it repaired under the insurance i have on the plasma?

The standby LED on an item on standby should be red. Shouldn't be green, this indicates it is switched on and fully powered up. What brand is it?

Sponsored Links
its called a universal multimedia 5505,french i think,the panal is a panasonic and the digital board is made by nec.not a lot about it on the web though.

Me Gran fled from Eire when she heard there was a 24inch Murphy down @ the wireless shop :eek:

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
before everyone starts laughing if i fix it then good job ,but if not then so what its my money i've wasted so don't say i was stupid for buying it.
got a universal multimedia 50" plasma display with pal/secam/ntsc tuner and component/scart/s-video inputs.the only thing is it does'nt display an image on the screen.powers up with the remote and fans power up but no image.i think the panel is o.k. as it does'nt have any lines on it.had a look at the power board and one resitor has gone black so i don't know the colour code of it.the caps look o.k. and theres no burn marks on the board etc.....have found the screen on a french website and they are 11900 euros to buy.could i claim on myhousehold insurance?the plasma weighs 46 kg so its a bit heavy.if anyone could help me with my problem i would be grateful.have been told thats if theres a problem with the display it goes to standby and the led goes red for safety reasons.this does'nt happen it just stays green with the led showing green.thanks in advance for any input good/bad.
if you are lucky then fixing the power supply might bring it back to life, that's if it didn't fry any chips before it went kaput! fix the PSU board first then fingers crossed!

Back