Help needed for wiring new light fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My old ceiling light has the following connections

Two 1.5mm supply with both Red Live wires going into loop connection block on the ceiling rose.

The 2 Earths are in the earth connection block of the ceiling rose

Of the two Black Neutrals:

One is in the Line block of the ceiling rose

The other in the Neutral block of the ceiling rose.

The wires from the light are both brown with one connected to the Neutral block and the other to the Line block of the ceiling rose.

When fitting my new light which has a 3 way block , the fuse box trips as I have placed both Neutral in the same Neutral block.

When I remove one of the Neutral wires and test the light it remains constantly on.

I've checked the 1-way switch which has Red in the Common and Black in the L1 terminal.

I've tried multiple configurations but whatever I do the lights remains constantly on even when I've restored it back to the original wired installation.

Could someone please advise me on what I need to do.

Again, Thanks in Advance for any help.

Regards

Cybertek.

Sponsored Links
you obviously know which is live and which is neutral, (you havent changed anything have you?)

see for refernce, top of this forum.

breezer said:
you obviously know which is live and which is neutral
I would say he obviously doesn't know which is live and which is neutral, nor even the fact that one of the black wires is live...

cybertek said:
Of the two Black Neutrals:

One is in the Line block of the ceiling rose

The other in the Neutral block of the ceiling rose....

...the fuse box trips as I have placed both Neutral in the same Neutral block...

When I remove one of the Neutral wires ....
Cybertek - check the For Reference topic for information on how lighting circuits are wired...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back