!!!! HELP!!!!!! Needed Tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Just need some advice.... :confused:

I've got large tiles (appox 4/5 times the normal size tiles) marbel they are fairly heavy & thick.....

My question is: I have to tiles them onto plasterboard on some walls.... will they stay up or do I need so sort of special glue?

Any Help & Advice would be greatlu apperciated...

Andy
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Adhesive NOT glue..Its suction that holds the tile, you may need to support the tile while it sets though. I am not a tiler

weight per surface area will be almost exactly the same as a normal tile, therefor i suggest that normal bathroom tile adhesive will do the job!!

The bigger the tile the more adhesive and suction the tile will get

Im NOT a tiler, im a chemist!

Sponsored Links
ok go to the bal site for full specs....or the wizard jasonb or one of the other pro will answer.......

Im deffo not a tiler! I think its around 20- kg per square on plaster board..... and if its a wet room go for Aqua panel.......(put them on the scales! make suse you have not we sold( on the cheap ) floor tiles as well....... too thick

and I bet the Pros will tell you to use Bal Rapid set Flexi, (single)

Darren

sorry forgot to ask....... as you were honest about the help...what will you be cutting them with ( make and model) this will help people advise you better.

Darren

How much do the tiles weigh per square metre. Weight restrictions according to British Standards are 20kg/m-plastered wall, 32kg/m plasterboard (unskimmed) and approx 50kg (I think) for tile backer board.
For large format tiles (anything above 30x30cm or thereabouts), use powdered adhesive as per manufacturers instructions and ensure a solid bed of adhesive behind tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back