Help needed to cap bayonet fitting on gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are currently doing kitchen up and trying to lay new flooring but need to get gas cooker out of house because we have a new electric cooker waiting to be installed.I've detached bayonet fitting from gas cooker

but am worried where to put the brass flanged plug

I've tried trying to unscrew the bayonet fitting at the gas pipe itsself but it seems to stuck solid could it be soldered on or is it not enough force being used to unscrew,also is it the currect place to install the flanged plug.I'm in a desperate hurry to resolve this as we have lots of kitchen stuff outside and we need this sorting before we can lay floor,many thanks in advance.[/img]

Sponsored Links
The flange plug is the wrong type you need a black iron plug . No it wont be soldered in but if you use too much force you will break joint so use 2 pairs of grips one to undo one to hold against. Worst comes to worst and you can`t undo use a compression cap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back