Help! No heating from a Baxi Solo!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Solo Wm 40/4 PF gas boiler which has stopped working.

I've had a heating engineer work on it several times now, and it still doesn't work - I'm beginning to think he doesn't know his ar*e from his elbow...
I'm desperate to get this fixed as I have a new baby in the house, and she doesn't like the cold :(

Anyway, the symptoms are that the 3rd light comes on which should indicate that the fan is working and has activated the pressure switch. However in reality, the fan has not started, and therefore there is no ignition or anything.

The heating engineer has replaced the PCB controller board, the fan, the pressure switch and the gas valve! :eek: And still nothing!

It seems that power is getting into the PCB board, but it's not getting to the fan - is there anything else that could be causing this (e.g. the box that the knob is connected to)?

I'd be very grateful for any help anyone can offer!

Thanks,
mr Lew :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
are the vacuum pipes clear to the fan pressure switch??

are the vacuum pipes clear to the fan pressure switch??

I've just checked them, and the rubber pipes are both clear.
How can I check if the metal pipes (which the rubber ones are attached to) are clear?

Thanks,
Mr Lew

they should be as its a new switch is there power getting to the switch

Sponsored Links
is there power getting to the switch
I'm pretty certain there is - it is one of the things that the heating engineer checked.

it could be the boiler casing seals fauty so the switch is not activating you need to call him out again by the sounds of things either that or something he has supplied is faulty cant really tell you anymore

sorry

Brian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back