HELP on bottle trap on my hand sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please help me my daughter has flicked a diamond earring out of her ear and ith has gone down the sink. We can see it but I dont know how to ger the bottle trap apart. It has a groove like a the top of a screw only much bigger on the very underside of the flat bottom of the trap. The trap is one of the chrome ones that looks nice. I would be so grateful if anyone could tell me how to sort this without having to get in a plumber

Sponsored Links
The whole lot should undo.

You might need to use some large grips or chunky flat bladed screw driver to remove the bottom. It might be quite stiff though.

Remeber to have rags or a bowl to catch the water.

If you can't do it yourself, that's what plumbers are for.

I appreciate your advice should i try the bottom bit first I think i have a chisel or a big screwdriver that may fit in the slot

Dan_Robinson said:
The whole lot should undo

You might need to use some large grips or chunky flat bladed screw driver to remove the bottom. It might be quite stiff though.

Remeber to have rags or a bowl to catch the water.

If you can't do it yourself, that's what plumbers are for.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a plan. Try not to disburb the whole trap If Plan A works, you don't want to cause aleak on one of the other connections.

The formula to mechanical pipes & fittings:

(Equal and opposite force) = No leaks + Happy Bunnies

Good luck.

Goodnight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back