HELP! Potterton Puma 80e pressure relief valve problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had our gas engineer fix our tired old boiler (Gas Potterton Combi Puma 80e) - seems to have had all the problems listed on this forum, but after a week's work, replacing every circuit & other stuff too its started working. Unfortunately the story doesn't end here

When he left, he screwed the sides on the boiler and trapped inside the power cable to my radio. I just unscrewed the side to release it, but in the process, accidently knocked the pressure relief valve open :oops:

The pressure has gone down to zero & emtpies again after I re-pressurise the boiler - the valve must still be open. I'm not a trained engineer so have no clue how to close it; any help appreciated (really don't want to call him back again). Do I take the red cap off & just tighten something?

please post soon!

Sponsored Links
if you twist the cap it will come out then spring back try doing this a few times and see if it stops dripping but i have to warn you it doesnt always work and may require replacing as crap (technical term) gets onto the seating ! :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back