HELP!!! Radiators have stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

We have a Potterton PUMA 100 combi boiler

This morning the low system pressure light was on and there was no heating or hot water. I decided to let some mains water into the CH return and that seemed to rectify my problem the Light went out straight away and the hot water became hot and the pressure started to increase. However we were not around to see if the heating got fixed.

This evening although there was hot water available there was only heating in the radiator closest to the boiler.

After locating the prsssure meter on the underside of the boiler the pressure reads

Red on 2.7mbar
Green on 2.6mbar

Please can someone help me to decide what course of action i should take next in torder to try and get the heating working throughout the flat.

Many thanks

Ollie

Sponsored Links
Bleed your radiators (expel the air)
Pressure is a little high, ignore the red, don't know what the 'green' reading means but the black dial should read between 1 and 2 and be in the green area.

Thanks Baxpoti,

Have already made sure that radiators have been bled both dials on the pssure meter are still just about inside the green area (1-3) as aposed to the red area (3-4) of the dial.

Radiator closest to the boiler fluctates between hot and warm.

a ny more suggestions

Sponsored Links
Either the pump is stuffed or the wax capsule on the divertor valve. Get someone in..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back