Help with part drive way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

One third of the front of my house is a grass area of around 3 x 5 meters, this area is curved at the front and surrounding this is tarmac on all the 3 facing sides (as i am the middle house on a shared driveway). I want to remove the grass and add an extra car parking space. Now basically looking for ideas as if have tarmac there then is it possible to have it matched up with the existing tarmac without it looking messy? Maybe have som black block paving as an edge between the 2 areas of tarmac?or another idea is black gravel this will have a contrast between the tarmac and should look ok, but then you have got the trailing gravel which will cover the drive.

Any ideas on this guyz? - I'll get a pic tonight so it gives a better picture.

Also if i do go for Tarmac, is there a guide to how thick the hard core should go and how thick the tarmac should be?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I'll get a pic up soon as it must be difficult to see what i am describing :) But can you actually get black drive way gravel? or is there a way of dying the stone myself?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back