Help with puting insulation in the eaves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need a little help with a small project im about to start on the side (amongst the rewire of the kitchen, living room and tiling the kitchen) i'm going to attempt to insulate the eaves of my house.

Where is it best to place the insulation?...On the inside wall (ie outside wall of the room), On the outside of the eaves (ie the slope of the roof) and in what order do i insulate? (ie do i use a vapour barrier, do i include mesh on the roll to keep the insulation on the wall/eaves?)

As you can see im am very inexperienced and any advice would be greatly appreciated.... Oh and another thing (showing my age here!!!!) how do you get photo's on your post...it would save a lot of explaination?

Dinger

Sponsored Links
havent a clue about insulation, pictures now that i can help with.

First you need a website (most isp's will give you web space when you join)
upload picture to your site (make note of its name)

then as follows

{img}http://www.yourwebsite/picture{/img}

obviously you change the details to your site, and wher you see { } you should use [ ] i didn't other wise you would see

picture

Breezer,

Thank god you only answered the question about the pictures otherwise i'de put you forward for sainthood...answering questions about all sort of things m8 your gonna make me feel inadequate......lmao

Thanx for the tips

Dinger

Sponsored Links
If money was the issue then the most important would be the ceiling first at we lose 80% heat loss thru' ceiling depending on your layout.

1,ceiling
2,internal walls
3,roof rafter
4,externel walls

The easiest would be to use slab insulation in between roof rafter (make sure you have a 50mm air-flow at the back of the slab) and on external walls use self-adhesive pin which hold the slab in position and bend pin over or you can use No-Nail ! The ceiling and internal walls you can use roll insulation or carry on with slab instead if you want to.Remember not to block the air vent via the soffit area.

I think I read your question right as breezer's said picture always help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back