Here we go again, but you leave me no other choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...because you shut down or ignore all other avenues of communication!

Moderator said:
The rules and the etiquette of this forum are quite simple and are spelt out in plain english.
Indeed they are.

Posts are locked when they stray to far from the rules.
I see no rule which says "Criticism, or even questioning, of Moderator actions is not permitted".

If you have a problem with an individual or the actions of moderators then contact admin to resolve the issue.

Tried that - nothing happens.

Tried it more than once - still nothing was done.

Even after I'd done the Alert Moderator thing, and explicitly pointed out this:

DIYnot Site Admin said:
If anyone breaks the rules then their post will be edited /deleted. This includes personal insults, calling people racist etc. Also, no post advocating violence /disorder is acceptable either and will also be edited/removed (as it has been when found in the past).

If anyone should find such a post then they should 'Alert Moderator' and we will take appropriate action.

nothing was done.

I emailed admin about it.

I got no reply, and still nothing was done about the posts.

So, in what way are you and admin not lying to me?

In what way are you and admin not colluding to protect the posts of racists and criminals?

The decision to lock or delete posts is not taken lightly.
I beg to differ. That may be true when it consists of posters directing remarks at each other, but it happens almost instantly when you are so much as asked to account for your actions.

Sponsored Links
Because in your opinion a post is unacceptable it does not mean that it will be unacceptable in the opinion of anyone else. The moderators have lots of posts to moderate on this forum and they do not have time to keep harping back to posts that you find unacceptable from several weeks ago. The 'general discussion' is supposed to be a place for light discussion providing relief from the other forum sections, it is not meant as some sort of battleground or the forum for anybody's personal crusade against some grievance, nor shall it be allowed to be so. If a comment is outwardly racist or advocating violence then it will be moderated, as will personal insults. Comments will not be moderated because you or anyone has a preconceived idea of a member's beliefs and determines that something is unacceptable.

You have been asked to drop this before (see here), but we ask again please draw a line under this and move on.

Moderator Note

This thread is now locked. Various views have been placed on this thread by certain members, following the above discussion, which are not acceptable on this forum and are only serving to wind other members up. The use of certain words regardless of the context they are used in are not acceptable on this forum and will be removed.

Please make yourselves aware of the rules as material which does not abide by the rules will simply be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back