Hex radiator Allen Key

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm trying to fit trv's to my radiators and I’ve purchased a hex Allen key to remove the old brass nuts off the radiators. But I can only remove half of them. Some of the radiator brass nuts are too small for the allen key, could someone tell me if there is a smaller hex radiator Allen key available or do I just buy a standard Allen key that will fit.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Some of the allen keys I've seen haven't been particularly well made to start with. The business end had been left ragged as if it had been cut off with a shear, and just left at that. Fortuately the steel was soft enough to do a bit of tidying up with a file so it would fit. Another sign of what excellent quality it was!

If you disconnect the pipe from the valve first, then tighten the the nut which connects the valve to the tail, you can turn the tail out with the valve. :LOL:

check that the tail hasnt got 'lugs' inside it, if it has buy a rad spanner that has two grooves in it that insert into the lugs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back