High Flow Shower Waste More Than 50 Litre Per Minutes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to source a shower waste that can remove 50 litres per minute from a Bette metal shower tray, and I'm having trouble finding one. Hansgrohe do manufacture one called the Rain Drain, but it is not available until at least september this year.

If no-one knows of a waste that can do this, then I could go down the route of finding an enamelled metal shower tray that I could fit two standard 30 litres per minutes shower wastes, but I as yet haven't found such a shower tray.

Any help would be great!

Ta.

Barney

Sponsored Links
Two car washes and a 50 metre pool :)

No, it's an uber shower system with v large overhead, handshower and bodyjets, and it's going to need to cater for the possibility that all are on at the same time.

Have you consulted the makers of the thing for advice?

What is the output of the shower pump that supplies it, and where is it getting all this water from? Obviously not a water cylinder as it will be empty in a couple of minutes, nor a 50gall cold water cistern that will be empty in 4 minutes.

What sizes is the pipework supplying it?

Sponsored Links
The DHW system is quite immense - it's not mine, it's a friends who has run dry on inspiration from his plumber.

The makers of the shower equipment - Hansgrohe Rainmaker (see Rainmaker) do have a solution but it won't be available until September at the earliest, and I need to help sort this issue out PDQ.

What is providing the water - one of those Rainmakers, a couple of handshowers and 4 bodyjets, all I have been reliably informed *may* be on at the same time, though probably not, he just want's the capacity if he needs it.

It seems like most shower wastes are rated at about 30 lpm. Definitely need 50 lpm!

Pipework to all components is 3/4 inch.

And, of course, you friend will be telling his water supplier that he is installing such a beast won't he (as he are required to do and so that they can install a water meter for him!)

110mm floor drains are readily available and will laugh at 50 L/min.

Barney007 said:
What is providing the water -

We are interested to know where this water is coming from and how its going to get heated.

Even the 500 li unventeds that DIA used to install will be emptied in 10 minutes!

If its a combi then it needs to be 120 kW output power! Probably need a 3" gas meter too.

Tony

50l/m is easily obtainable with an accumulator fed unvented set up. And as you say, a 4" waste is easily procured too. Don't know whether I'd be the one volunteering to drill the shower tray, though.

Agile said:
Barney007 said:
What is providing the water -

We are interested to know where this water is coming from and how its going to get heated.

Even the 500 li unventeds that DIA used to install will be emptied in 10 minutes!

If its a combi then it needs to be 120 kW output power! Probably need a 3" gas meter too.

Tony

This is true Tony, but we did use more than one cylinder :LOL:

I would guess the op is talking 50 L/min 30/20 hot and cold.

50l/m is easily obtainable with an accumulator fed unvented set up.

Don't think there's a problem getting the water, more getting rid of it :LOL: [/quote]

simond said:
50l/m is easily obtainable with an accumulator fed unvented set up. And as you say, a 4" waste is easily procured too. Don't know whether I'd be the one volunteering to drill the shower tray, though.

Simond - I've had a search around for one of these and cant find one anywhere. Could you point me in the right direction? Or give me a brand name I could search on?

TBH I don't know too much about the water system specification. I know that it's multiple cylinders.

Barney

You need to do a search for GAH's (or our HWCH) web site on google.

Ideally you would procure what is called a DualStream, which is a packaged, warranted solution comprising the unvented cylinder and accumulator. Comes on a pallet and is available with OSO or Ariston branded cylinders.

GAH can recommend an experienced installer in your area, don't get it fitted by someone who hasn't done one before........ We've had to refit two south London installs this year where the contractor has misunderstood the concept and made some sizing mistakes.

Simon

It's not the heating/storage system I need, that's being dealt with by the plumber, but thanks for the tip - I'll pass it on.

The DualStream system looks pretty impressive. They didn't appear to give a maximum flow rate though.

Yes, what I urgently need to source is the shower waste - I managed to find one at Plumbworld, however this has a max flowrate of 36 LPM. Ideally needing 51LPM from a single waste. Any thoughts?

Sorry Barney can't help, but DIA can... Think he already has to...

Simon, can I drop you an email? We have a large house that I was mulling over the Break tank and Accumulator options, but think the Accs is the way 'cos of drinking water and the odd nature of the property.

Say if it's not OK...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back