High pitched "squeal" baxi 133 he plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
When i use the hot water the boiler fires ok, then gradually a high pitched squeal starts eminating from the boiler & goes on to make a terrible racket.
I've turned the water temp knob down to minimum, this cures it for a short while but the squeal eventually returns.
I've had a listen round the boiler (using a long screwdriver pressed to my lug hole) & the squeal is worst on the main flow pipe near the manual air vent.
The boilers 14months old & the central heating side is fine.
The only thing that's changed was a drain down for a leaking pipe.....yeah alright i stuck a screw through it :oops: about six weeks ago.
Any thoughts?
Cheers.
Tim.

Sponsored Links
sounds like a scale problem starting to develop.try putting some fernox silencer in the system it may help

kevplumb said:
seem to recall they had probs with the o rings in the diverter at one time

then again i might be thinking of another model ;)

Differant model mate

more likely to be gas air mixture :confused:

call baxi out must still be under warranty :confused:

Sponsored Links
Do you mean Gaz they've discontinued that model which uses a guinea pig on a wheel to move the diverter valve across?

Duotec and Maxiflow is a bargain isn't it?

Fancy sharing some trade secrets with me, I'll swap you Alpha secrets for Baxi ones off the public arena of course. How about via Argi are you on there?

I'd like to know the inner story about the Duotec as it is on the face of it a good boiler to install round these parts where most people are on minimum wage.

Your sales staff are good at buying the beers but can't answer any tecnical questions whatsoever. Alpha too is an organisation steered by salesmen. In my view you should do 4 years on the tools before you are allowed behind a desk. In fact we should be chairmen of the board with all these egg heads having to explain to us exactly why they hgave positioned that part so you can't get a pair of grips on from the front. No answer? Right go and ask nobby in stores for a long stand.

duotec, megaflo, platinum, gold are all pretty much the same boilers with stainless steel heat exchangers and in my experience are all very reliable boilers ;)

Via Argi :confused: lost me there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back