Hire or buy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to drill a few holes through a brick wall, 1x50mm and two 110mm, was thinking of hiring an sds drill and diamond core bits to go with it.. or could i get away with buying the blackspur drill bits and using a standard hammer drill? Your thoughts/recommendations?

Sponsored Links
Every bloke's dream! A valid excuse to buy a new toy...I mean tool and you want to hire!

Seriously though, you probably should hire but you might like to know that you can buy a perfectly good FERM SDS DRILL from SCREFIX for £35.99 inc. So you could buy the drill and Blackspur bits for not much more than the hire fee and you'd always have it!

True probably never going to drill that big holes that often, although i imagined that the blackspur bits would probably only last about a couple of uses.

I think what i was thinking was would it be cost effective to buy a cheap drill like the one in screwfix (2nd reply) and bits as to hire it will probably cost about the same.

Sponsored Links
The tools you hire from the hire shop are normally heavy duty and do the job better & usually get good advice from them,so you get what you pay for.If it was me I would forget about the cost difference as I want the job to go smoothly with no hassle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back