hissing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i live in a bungalow and have a vokera compact 24 combi boiler (not sure how old). the central heating seems to work fine, but when i turn on a hot water tap, the boiler starts making a loud hissing noise. the cold water pressure is fine but the hot water pressure is terrible ie 25 minutes to fill the bath. i've also noticed the radiators cool down when the hot water is running. any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
My immediate reaction is that it is seriously in need of professional attention as your safety may be at risk!

Tony Glazier

Agile said:
My immediate reaction is that it is seriously in need of professional attention as your safety may be at risk!

Tony Glazier
the whole reason i'm on this site is becouse i've had it up to here,with so called (CORGI REGISTERD) plumbers (givin' it all dat.!!) eather you know what the hissing noise is all about, or you don't

Sponsored Links
My guess is the hissing noise is made by some restriction of the hot water flow (hence slow bath filling) - probably an inlet valve that has been closed down deliberately to restrict flow to ensure adequate temperature, but which now needs readjustment. Look at cold water inlet valve under boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back