Hob Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've just installed a hob but only two rings are working - Looking at the wiring diagram it looks like

Earth Terminal - L1-L2-L3 Terminals - Neutral Terminal

I've only added the live to L1. Is this my problem? Should all three be looped together?

Regards
John

Sponsored Links
John,

I maybe wrong with yours but some models are designed for other countries in europe where they spread the load and have two live cables. There is usally a little piece of copper that connects the lives together.

Have you the intructions?

Hi,

The instructions I have show two types of installation labled 1N and 2N. The one I used, as described in my question, appears to show all three lives looped, although there isn't any extra copper to achieve this, although I can use some cooker cable to achieve this is suppose. The other one labled 2N appears to show only L2 and L3 looped and would appear to be for lower amp rating (the first N1 is for 25 and above) Does this help?

Thanks
John

John,

I will let the pros advise on this one. With mine it was just a matter of installing the copper connector.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back