home made consevatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope some of you can shed a little light on a project i've got on, there is a lean to pitch roof extension/conservatory on the back of my house, it is around 20' x 5' it has 1 full height 1 on the 5' side the remainder is a dwarf wall and has single glassed wooden windows that are rotten to the main face and 1 side these windows go from the dwarf wall to what looks like the main roof beam, my questions are:

1) is the best way to replace these by propping the end window and the replacing that 1 first then remove the full face 1's either side of the door and door and prop the roof and then replace?

2) do i give the manufacures the external dimensions that i require?

3) on the corner that is all glass, do you get a corner post which you fit then attach the windows to that or do you fit window to window to form the corner? if so how do you attach the window together?

many thanks Bren.... :cry:

Sponsored Links
do you intend replacing like for like, i.e timber windows with single/double glazed units? or do you intend replacing it with pvcu?

is the masonry sound, is it twin skin and is it to remain the same?

Hi noseall,

No, the idea is to replace with pvcu, it is sigle skin and sound and is also to remain the same.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back