Honeywell ST9400C setup issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a Honeywell 9700 to replace an old 6400. I tried fitting it today but came across a few issues. I think the unit may be faulty but I'm unable to return it or contact Honeywell tech support untill Monday.

Fault description = Have set slider to heating. Unable to set heating on/off times. Pressing +, -, next day or ok/next shows a 'NOT VALID' error.

Have set slider to hot water. Unable to set hot water on/off times. Pressing +, -, next day or ok/next shows a 'NOT VALID' error.

Unable to enter installer mode. At 'SET INSTALLER OK?' pressing 'ok' has no affect.

Whilst in run mode pressing extra hour or over ride for hot water or heating illuminates the hot water LED. Pressing next day, copy day, holiday, -, + or ok/next has the same effect.

Neither mode buttons work.

Am I doing something silly here or is it screwed?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Never heard of a 9700. Is this ebay rubbish or have you written the wrong number down?

So it's a standard ST9400C - I fit about 3 of these a week.

It's faulty. There has, in my experience as a heating installer, been a significant downturn in the reliability of Honeywell domestic controls in the last 12 months, I'm pursing a claim at the moment.

Get it swapped by your supplier.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back