Hoover HNC160 Condensor Tumble Dryer - lots of condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi -
My hoover tumble dryer heats, tumbles and drys the clothes, but there is alot of condensation in the room, and very little water in the condensation tank - any ideas?
Thanks
Cathal

Sponsored Links
Has this just started to happen or is it a new machine ? (help us to help you !)

Hi - this has just started to happen - machine is 2 years old - thanks, Cathal

Some condensing dryers have the option to vent (usually at the rear) too and will have a lever to select this. If this is the case check that the lever hasn't been moved to 'vent'. More likely though, the condenser is full of fluff. When did you last clean out the condenser ? Suggest you do that and retry. If it is a front loader, when you open the door the condenser is at the bottom and is usually an oblong opening above your condensation tank. This unit will just pull out and is a box of alloy slats that the vapour condenses onto and then drips into the tray. If it is full of fluff, it doesn't work. Best to flush it through with a garden hose and replace, ensuring it is pushed home tight. Hope this helps...

Sponsored Links
Hi -
I cleaned the condenser, but there wasn't much fluff, was pretty clear, and retried the dryer. Unfortunately, the problem is still there.

Thanks
Cathal

Some condensing dryers have the option to vent (usually at the rear) too and will have a lever to select this.
You didn't say anything about this so I assume its not what you have.
So, its fairly obvious whats wrong now then. Clothes are drying so heat is working and getting into drum causing steam. Steam is getting out of drum but not making it to the condenser, therefore the pipe carrying the steam from the drum to the condenser is either detached or ruptured. You need to get the back off the machine to visually check and repair this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back