hoover washer dryer wet clothes after drying cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My hoover washer/dryer when on a drying cycle leaves the clothes wet this happens quite often now and seems to be getting worse anyone got any ideas of what it may be causing this problem.

Sponsored Links
Yes the clothes are "dry" after the normal wash cycle and spin.It is when they are on the drying cycle that they sometimes get wet but not all the time but it is becoming more frequent.

Sponsored Links
The heating element seems to be OK and working as where it is situated it does get hot and it is not blocked neither is where the warm air goes into the drum.
I have cleaned out what I think is the condenser (connected to the fan and an outlet to the back of the drum and also the rubber u- bend and also what looks like a vent)
The vent and the u-bend were fairly well blocked.
Does the cold water feed straight into the top of the condenser and then enter the drum from the back as the u-bend and vent pipe have water in them constantly.
I have noticed that sometimes water is lying in the bottom of the drum.I know that it uses cold water in the drying cycle but is there some sort of valve that could be letting to much water in on the drying cycle.
I have recently cleaned out the waste pipe and the pump so I know these are ok.The clothes feel hot after the cycle but because they are lying in water at the bottom of the drum they stay wet

i can not speak for your brand, so most of your questions i can not answer :cry:
what does worry me though is the water still sitting in the bottom, this would imply that:
a) pump not working
b) pump pipes bocked.

but as you said that you have cleaned these, i would ask can you here the pump running when the drying cycle is on, and when you do a "normal wash" does your m/c take a while to empty? (you could just put the mc onto a rinse cycle (then turn m/c on) to see how quick water is pumped out

The machine drains quickly and i have checked the pipes to the pump all ok.Everything seems in order but it just sometimes has a couple of centimetres of water lying in the drum after the drying cycle(have checked drum is empty of water before putting on drying cycle)It is probably just one of those things that will happen every now and again but cannot explain why.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back