Horizontal Soil Pipe - Inside / Outside ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm moving the position of a wc horizontally by about 1 metre.

Is the 'best practice' to run the horizontal (which i will incline at 2.5 deg) section of soil pipe inside or outside (outdoors) ? Or doesn't it matter ?

Also can I place the bath & basin wastes into this horizontal run ? or must these remain in the vertical part of the stack.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can run it inside or out, see which is easiest.
You may be able to connect your basin to this horizontal run (on top)but not your bath waste. :D

I supose you could conect the bath waste to the horizontal soil pipe if you wanted to start growing mushrooms in the bathroom.

Connect bath waste to horizontal soil pipe... Mmmmm, stinky. :eek:

A pretty major problem with that would be that the outflow of your bath trap is most likely lower than your toilet outlet. You would end up with some very dirty water sitting in the bath trap, even gurgling up through the plughole.

I've heard of mudbaths, but I don't think that is what is meant... ;)

Sponsored Links
Just done exactly the same thing and put basin waste into top of horizontal soil pipe using a boss strap but bath/shower straight into vertical soil. As AdamW stated, don't want toilet soil sitting in bath trap.

I think I will run the pipe outside then (so it cant be seen).
And as i dont intend starting my own mushroom factory, will keep the bath/basin connected to the vertical stack.

Thanks for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back