HORSTMANN CENTAUR C27 CONTROLLER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My controller has just turned off the boiler and will not work. Does anyone have any clues? It was fitted 12 months ago. We have until now had no problems. The programmer is a Horstmann C27. The display is currently blank. When I press a button the display returns (with a flashing clock as if it is new) but only for 2 seconds and then goes blank again. I changed the back up battery for a new one, and again it goes blank after 2 seconds. I have checked the mains power, which is fine, as is the main 13A fuse, as is the trip fuse on the main panel. The problem seems to be with the programmer. Do these completely fail after 12 months? Why does it power up momentarily and then switch off?

Grateful for any suggestions - the sooner the better as my wife is getting very cold! Thanks

Sponsored Links
SOunds like it has packed up. You could use wire to connect the appropriate pins oin the backplate to bring the CH/HW on pro tem. I have one here - connect L to 3 and 4. YOu can have this one for £15 - new but no box. ??

Thanks for the offer - yes please. Can you drop me a line on "mngray at bigfoot dot com" (replace 'at' and 'dot' with symbols) and to arrange payment and postage. I have bypassed the system as you suggested for the moment which at least gives my wife heating and water for the week - albeit too much!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back