Hot and Cold Water Cross Feed with Showerforce 100T shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: Have just installed a showerforce 1000T power shower but find that the cold water supply from the tank is bleeding into the hot water supply. The result is that I now have to wait 45 seconds or longer before any hot water comes out of the hot water taps - Anyone know how to fix this or should I just give up and install an electric shower.

Sponsored Links
I am not a plumber or heating engineer but how about fitting a pressure reducing valve

jimyoung said:
:cry: Have just installed a showerforce 1000T power shower but find that the cold water supply from the tank is bleeding into the hot water supply. The result is that I now have to wait 45 seconds or longer before any hot water comes out of the hot water taps - Anyone know how to fix this or should I just give up and install an electric shower.

:idea: Try putting an in-line 'check valve' (one way non return valve) in both the hot and cold "out" feeds from the water pump to prevent any cross flow (Like 'Screwfix' {www.screwfix.co.uk} part # 14173 or 19860)

I can't see how as it should be equal pressure.Can you not open the hot side first then cold afterward ? Maybe your hot water supply got a longer run to reach to the mixer than the cold supply.

Sponsored Links
Thinking about it,are you sure the cold feed is coming from the tank storage and not from the water mains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back