Hot radiators when turn on and off of hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please let me know why when I turn on and off of hot water of my Vaillant TURBOmax VUW 282E for a few times. The radiator will also get hot.I turned the central heating switch to off position. When I feel the central heating return pipe after running the hot water for a while, the pipe only warm but after turning the hot tape off, its is very very hot.
Thank you

Pat

Sponsored Links
Check from cold let hot water run for 10/15 mins till its up to temp, check to see if rad is heating while water is on if it is you have a faulty divertor.If it isn`t and only starts to heat up after hot tap is turned off then this is normal and heat is being dumped from the boiler in pump overrun mode.

Sponsored Links
namsag said:
let hot water run for 10/15 mins till its up to temp

only if your incoming water temp is -150°c. If your incoming water is around 10°c just a few minutes should get it up to temperature.

Incidently if it is your diverter valve that's at fault you may notice that your hot water isn't as hot as it normally is.

Weargas the question is from a diyer and the 10/15 min comment is to ensure boiler is starting to modulate etc and for possible heat leakage through divertor to reach rad. Much better than telling someone to buy a £140 divertor valve without explaining how the appliance is meant to work.

point taken but I'm still right because I read the "diyer's" first post properly
icon_biggrin.gif
. Also the turbo max plus doesn't dump the heat to ch during pump over-run it keeps it within the boiler

I'm with weargas but the simplest answer may be to get the owner to feel the flow(leftmost) pipe which will get hot within seconds if the DV is faulty.
Tiles etc permitting of course, there being no need for a fill-loop cupd!

Guys

Sorry to hijack this thread. I'm having exactly the same problem.

I have a Worcester 28i and when I run a bath the rads get hot.

A boiler repair guys came round a few months ago when the boiler broke (I had a builders fitting a new rad - they drained the system but didn't turn the boiler off). Anyway, this incident melted a little blue bit of plastic that looked like a reducer - he took it out and never replaced it.

Anyway, could this have something to do with it?

Any views on what might be knackered on the 28i - could this blue plastic thing be the divertor valve. The boiler is 8 months old and still under warranty.

Ta

D

stick this in it's own thread darren, you'll probably get more replies. Some of the engineers may have looked at this thread but not bothered looking back if they know nothing about vaillants. COG seems to be the worcester-brain of the forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back