hot water no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a vaillant combi-boiler vcw-gb 221 h. still fires up when taps turned on for hot water, but no heat to radiators, can still hear motor running but not firing up for radiators.any info as to fault appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
when you say "motor", is it the circulating pump?
Have you checked if the room thermostat (if fitted) is working properly?
By setting a lower temperature, you should hear it "click".
Try this first, and come back if not OK
Good luck
Stan

2 Main probs on a 221 not allowing heating,are pin on water section not returning completly to rest position thus boiler still thinking it is HW demand . Other is the servo valve worn and not allowing proper water flow through to to pull over the diaphragm and activate the micro switches on the divertor valve . Get someone who knows vailants and will repair without putting unnecesarry parts on.

Thanks stan, but have not got a room thermostat, and as you say probably the pump I can hear.

Sponsored Links
I have exactly the same problem with this make of combi-boiler.

I called out a central heating 'expert' who has replaced the divertor valve and attempted to clean a bockage to the servo valve. He further recommended flushing out of the system and the addition of an 'additive'. He left with the heating and hw working.

Within a couple of hours the heating has gone off and he is coming back tomorrow to try and solve the problem.

Should I be worried with his diagnosis/think about cancelling his check?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back