Hot water system airlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My grandparents have recently had a new shower and immersion heater tank fitted. The system was working perfectly before, but know there seems to be air trapped in the system and they ain't getting hot water. its sort of warm. Although the pipe coming from the top of the immersion tank is hot, by the time it gets to the taps its only warm and keeps spitting out air. When you turn on the tap, water comes out at a good pressure then it coughs air and the pressure drops to a dribble then the pressure builds till it coughs and so on. No matter how long you keep the tap on the air never goes away. The plumber that made the changes has washed his hands of it and refuses to come back to sort the problem he has created. Any ideas of what is wrong and any suggestions on how to bleed the system??????? My grandparents are in their 80's and don't have hot water for the winter.

Sponsored Links
DO a search on air lock. You need to use the mains to push the air back up the HW pipe for a few seconds - often done at washing machine taps wher you may be able to connect H to C.

calum - have you duplicated this topic somewhere?

he has, that is why i have locked this post

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back