Hotpoint wf540 washing machine flashing lights / fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have a 2 year old Hotpoint WF540, everything was going fine then the flashing lights started.The machine goes through the wash phase and then when it gets to the rinse/spin cycle the machine will stop and the start & mini load lights will flash thats it will not go any further. This fault seems to only be on high spin cycle ie 1400 machine works ok and goes through full cycle start to finish on 800 spin (I have not tried it on any other spin cycles other than 800/1400)
I have so far cleaned all the pipework checked for blockages, changed pump (I had a spare) but I still have the same problem
Can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
f01 light 4, motor triac
f02 light 3 motor, jammed/ tacho
f03 lights 3&4 Ntc fault
f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty
f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on full
f06 lights 2&3, N/A?
f07 lights 2&3&4 heater relay
f08 light 1. heater relay
f09 lights 1&4 eprom/setup error
f10 lights 1&3, pressure switch not sensing
f11 lights 1&3&4, pump/draining error
f12 lights 1&2, communication error
f13 lights 1&2&4, dryer ntc/ fan motor
f14 lights 1&2&3, dryer heater
f15 lights 1&2&3&4, dryer heater relay
f16 N/A
f17 light 4, door lock
f18 light 3 comms error (3 phase motor) power board

f1 and f17 share the same light

Hi Rocks1
Thanks for your reply,
Sorry I am being a bit thick! how do I tell which light is which by your description?

out of the 5 lights on the left witch one is flashing then ill tell you the code

Sponsored Links
that means fo1 motor triac on the pcb .check that the wires are firmly on the pcb if this ok then pcb needs replacing recon pcb from here.http://www.emwelec.co.uk/index.php

Thanks Rocks1
Sounds like you know your stuff!!! I will let you know how I get on

Hi Again!
Well Rocks1 I hope you are watching this post maybe you can help me again? I thought I would check the bushes on the motor before I ordered a new board. Well I took them off and had a look everything looked fine so I put them back, but when I started the washing machine up to check it the machine started lasted about 20 seconds and then stopped bringing up another fault (third light down on my machine) f02 light 3 motor, jammed/ tacho I thought well get another board as I have tried everything else. I bought a refurbished board from emwelec as you suggested it arrived today only for me to fit it to find I still have the fault f02 light 3 motor, jammed/ tacho. If only I had just left it alone!!!!! and done what you said in the first place. what have I done! please help!

Check the motor brushes are in properly and the motor connector block has no Broken wires on it is it connected to the PCb tight

Thanks for your reply Rocks,
I think I may have to check the motor brushes again why dont I just stick to fixing cars!!!
I will try to have another look tonight but it is getting late and its time to read the bed time stories to my girls. If I dont get back to you I will post a reply tomorrow night when I have checked the brushes. once again THANK YOU.

Well I have checked the motor brushes again, fired the old machine up and hey presto lights one and two are now flashing communication error! it wont be long before I have had all the error codes available why did I say to the missus dont worry I can fix it!

Unplug it for 1 min also check the first blue wires on pcb again always coming loose

Hi Rocks
Done what you said everything looks fine checked brushes, checked blue wiring, everything looks fine I turn on the machine and it does not want to know, could it be a dodgy board?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back