House rendering advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house needs the render removing and replacing. Looking for advise on types of render available with regards weather resistance and life expectancy.

Options:

Tyrolene, coloured resin/polymer, aggregate. Have had a couple of prices and they vary a lot, if I'm spending best part of 20K I need to get the job right !!!

Personally I like the look of the aggregate finish with a white flint but open to suggestions as to whether or not it's worth the extra money over painetd tyrolene.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
jbonding

a bit more HELPFUL ADVICE ... would be better ??

an joke after :)

Sponsored Links
Moz said:
jbonding

a bit more HELPFUL ADVICE ... would be better ??

an joke after :)

The advise was coming when my question was answered but seems as you answered it for him i will ask you 20k were do you live? how bigs your house? ;)

it's slightly larger than 3 bed semi with a couple of outbuildings but I was somewhat surprised at the cost. (now if only I knew how to post photos it might help to explain things :confused: )

did they give you a break down of the price ie, removal,supplying materials,scaffold,skips and type of render? most render should last a lifetime and be sound with the weather conditions if done corectly. A lot of new houses are using different types of rendering STO is one i see a lot and ill be honest the ones ive seen either look very good or very bad theres no in between there are some terrible colours take a drive through hulme in manchester on a sunny day :eek: Most of the new houses ive seen rendered this way are looking bad after only a couple of years so god knows what they will be like in a few years. I would go for a traditional method that has proven the stand the test of time, take a drive about along any sea coast and look for new developments and look at what you like and knock on and ask if they know who done it, if not move on eventually you will find someone, whos work you like.

Moz said:
Boxerman
that finish that has flint in does weather badly :(

Got me a bit concerned now, I just presumed that an aggregate finish would be hard wearing.

I chose it because I don't want to end up repainting every few years, should I be looking at a different type of colourfast system e.g Troweltex - Weathertex etc or just specify Tyrolean.

do as jbonding says .... have a drive this weekend an see which render finish appeal/looks nice an has weathered well ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back