How am I supposed to fix this toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cant take the top off, who the hell designed this? Just the panel with the handle comes off, but that will just yank the handle off? Is this something as a non-plumber I have any hope of doing? The overflow is constantly dripping just outside, so I wanted to look at the toilet as it's likely the culprit.

IMG_20230601_190448.jpg

Oh, and what on earth are those 2 holes there for above to right of handle??
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
That raised bit of wood will probably lift off- might need a gentle persuade with a baby wrecking bar or a screwdriver you hate.

Reactions: CBW
That lid top will slide or leaver off.

I would refuse to work on that toilet!

Andy
Is it that bad lol? The previous occupiers always used the worst possible workmen... I'm doing a leak test, the overflow pipe is dripping an increasing amount, but I hope its something I can ignore for a month, I can't handle any more of this crap atm.

I can't handle any more of this crap
Pun intended?

It may not be that bad as pics can sometime put things in a bad light but even just going the black grime at the back of the pan behind the seat would give me the willies. Just a good clean with a brush and bleach would go a long way methinks.

Chances are it's the fill valve needs a new washer or just needs adjusting.

haha, if its just me fixing it, is ok if its stinky though, ill clean if i call a plumber.
I will look later to see if can remove the top bit and ill google how to check the likely causes, thanks!

Pun intended?

It may not be that bad as pics can sometime put things in a bad light but even just going the black grime at the back of the pan behind the seat would give me the willies. Just a good clean with a brush and bleach would go a long way methinks.

Chances are it's the fill valve needs a new washer or just needs adjusting.
yes was intended

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back