How do I add inhibitor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to add inhibitor into my condensing boiler central heating system.

I removed and replaced a radiator without adding any inhibitor.

I am assuming the system would have some inhibitor left in it from when it was introduced originally.

I am hoping to add inhibitor into the system without having to take the radiator off again. I have bought Wickes' own make. Is it suitable for me?

I would be grateful for your advice.

Sponsored Links
You could drain a radiator by its self then add the inhibitor to the empty rad by taking the vent plug out.

Don't know who makes wickes inhibitor, but I would only ever use Sentinel or Fernox ;)

Depends on the type of system, conventional system the additive goes in header tank, combi system it can be injected into empty rad.

Only any use to an open vented system if the header is empty and system partialy drained, so inhibitor goes in on refilling instead of sittting in the tank.

Unvented system as Dave says, introduce through drianed rad. A towel warmer is ideal for this if not injecting.

Sponsored Links
bb48 said:
I wish to add inhibitor into my condensing boiler central heating system.

I removed and replaced a radiator without adding any inhibitor.

I am assuming the system would have some inhibitor left in it from when it was introduced originally.

I am hoping to add inhibitor into the system without having to take the radiator off again. I have bought Wickes' own make. Is it suitable for me?

I would be grateful for your advice.

Stop saying inhibitor :!:

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 19:16 Post Subject: How do I add inhibitor?

i have been told, that i can't tell you :LOL: (think about it)

Who's Dave?

Unvented system as Dave says, introduce through drianed rad. A towel warmer is ideal for this if not injecting.[/quote]

foxhole said:
Who's Dave?

Unvented system as Dave says, introduce through drianed rad. A towel warmer is ideal for this if not injecting.
[/quote]

What :?:

gas4you said:

Not again you got to lay off the barcardis mate

right once again repeat after me

"I am dave"

"I am a plumber"

"I owe corgiman a oner"

;)

gas4you said:
I am dave.

I am a plumber

What was the rest :?: :LOL:

booger my cunning plan failed

I would have got away with it if it werent for your meddling memory

DOH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back