How do I cut wood into consistent shapes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I play a sport called (wait for it) underwater hockey. I'm serious! see here

Anyway we use sticks (or pushers) to push a rubber covered lead puck across the bottom of swimming pools. I need to make my own sticks to a consistent shape.

To see what they look like go here

In the past I have made templates and tried to cut around them but I never seem to get it quite right. Does anyone have any tips/suggestions to help make consistent pushers? They are normally made out of hardwood and then painted black or white. One edge is slightly tapered to provide 'lift' when flicking the puck.

Cheers,

K

PS. If you fancy a go and live near St. Albans give me a shout! It's a great workout and fantastic fun......

Sponsored Links
What about a router with a bearing guided striaght cutter, you would still need a template, maybe you could use one you already have screw it to your wood blank you will end up with couple of holes in new one ( would that matter).
I do not know why but am assuming that you have a router, if you havn't could make it a bit expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back